May I always remember: whatever I do to them I do also to You. May I never forsake Your command, “Love one another as I have loved you.”
- May my thoughts of others be no longer my thoughts, but Your thoughts.
- May my love for others be no longer my love, but Yours.
- In my speech with others, may my words be no longer my words, but Your words.
- May I serve others as You serve all men, seeking not to receive but to give.
- May I see others not longer but You in them.
May Your thoughts dwell in my mind, Your love in my heart, Your words on my lips, that I may learn to love all men even as You, dear Lord, love me.
Mother Patricia O’Connor
Founding Superior, Friend and Guide